1017 error

preheim

I am using W2K pro with retrospect 6.5 I am backing up to an external USB drive on a networked PC. If I go into retrospect and do a check media, it works As long AS I stay in retrospect, It also does a backup However, if I exit retrospect, when it tries to backup to the device, I get the message to pick My backup device. when I try to connect It asks for My username and password, but give A message that I hare insufficient rights, use explorer. I can access the drive in explorer. But an auto-started retrospect can't. But if I logoff, log back into retrospect and stay in Retrospect the backup work fine. I tried to set the user in security, but It also fails - saying it can't set user preferences.

any ideas on has to fix this?

Hi

Make sure to set the security preference to the administrator account of the machine that is running Retrospect (not the network machine). Then go to configure->volumes in Retrospect and set the username and password for the network volume.

Thanks

Nate

I did try to set the username and password in the security section, but it fails..... and I can not put it in. I also saw a tech note about changing the user from local in the service section, and tried this too, but it did not work either...

I did leave the computer name blank, which it sounded like I should if not on a NT Domain server. However, other posts seem to indicated I should put the computer name in there. I will try that and let you know if it works any better!

BTW, the user that is logged in at the time of the back IS an admin user... but it still fails....

If you FIRST go into Retrospect, and do the check media, it works FINE. But it is when it tries to auto start that there is a problem...

Archived