Retrospect Multi-Server lost all configuration data!

Hi,

I launched Retrospect Multi-server today only to be prompted to enter the serial number again. Once I did so I found that all of my previously configured information is no longer there. Retrospect has been running on this machine for many months without problems, now suddenly my scripts, clients, etc. are no more!

Does anyone know how I might go about getting them back? C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect does contain a set of files and there's a 'Backup Report.log' file in there that shows log information from previous backups, but I can't figure out why Retrospect would have "lost" its configuration.

Not a good thing to have happen, any help is most appreciated. TIA. Joel

Of course the obvious answer is to restore the configs from backup (how apropos); which is what I've done; but I'm still a little concerned by whole thing. Is it as simple as the config file(s) became corrupted somehow and was unreadible to Retrospect? Anyway, less urgent now, but if anyone has had the same thing happen and been able to get the configuration back without resorting to a backup I'd be interested what else can be done.

Archived