I called Dantz twice and spoke with someone each time. They didn't know the answer to the question, one said we would receive information in the regular mail by April 1. Anyway, perhaps someone knows here:

When Dantz announced Retrospect 5 (see http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=pr_osx_announce) on July 18, 2001, they said that "Customers who purchase Retrospect Backup 4.3 on or after July 18, 2001 (or September 26, 2001 for French and German language versions) will receive free upgrades to version 5.0."

I can't find information on that upgrade on the web site anywhere (and I did buy Retrospect Backup Workgroup in late August 2001 with that in mind so I am definitely looking for information).

How do I go about getting this upgrade? I would have waited to buy it until 5.0 came out if it was not for this offer.

Thanks

Customer Service did send out e-mails to customers that purchased through us since the cut-off date, with the needed information. If you didn't receive an e-mail, it either means that we didn't have your registration info, or that it was incorrect.

If you haven't received an e-mail, or if you are not registered, you can fax your proof of purchase, along with your current registration number and registration information (or license code or customer number) to:

Be sure to include a name, current e-mail address, registration number or license code, and be sure that your proof of purchase indicates the date and the product of your purchase.

If you'd prefer to talk to a rep, call 888.777.5664.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived