Can't backup Registry Error -1019 (not enough resources)

SBS v6.5.319, After upgrading from 6.0, the Proactive Events Log reports numerous "Can't backup registry Error -1019 ( not enough resources). I have 3 identical SBS servers, with 756 MB RDRAM. The other two do not have this issue. I need some help in understanding what "resources" error -1019 is refering to; client or server resource? RAM, Paging file? are there any specs I can use to troubleshoot this error? Thanks for your input. Henry Christle

Hi

I haven't seen this before. Does it happen with immediate backups too? Have you tried a reinstall of the Client app on the problem machine? Can you run a test backup from another machine? (to eliminate the possiblity of corrupt Retrospect preferences)

In regard to your question I am not sure what resource limitation is causing this.

Nate

Hello,

Recently, I solved a similar error by increasing the size allocated for registry file (client: NT 4 SP6 with all updates, server: W2k).

For W2k client: Go to System properties->Advanced tab, click "Performance Options". "Virtual memory" - click on "Change", and increase the value for registry file. Warning: make sure that the registry file itself is backed up locally, and you have enough space on local disk for the registry to expand.

HTH

Archived