empty folders not deleted after file move(delete

twokay

I have created a archive script to move(delete) the files after the archive. I have also told it to delete the empty folders after the move. The script is successful at deleting the files but is leaving me with the empty folders instead of deleting those also. The archive operations log states that these folders were locked, inuse or not found. I do not understand how they could be locked or inuse because this script runs on the weekend when the folders are neither locked or inuse and they must be found because they are still there. I am stumped

Hi There,

Some basics -Can you give some more details about the OS environment you are in and how these "problem folders" are created? Can you also verify that there isn't a file within a subfolder in the folders that are left behind?

Thanks

Nate

Hi

This is a pure hack but I'm curious...

Retrospect won't delete a folder with files in it- my theory is that Retrospect is trying to delete the folders before the OS has actually had a chance to delete the files.

Try scheduling your archive twice in a row and see if the empty folders get removed the second time around.

Nate

Quote:

The archive operations log states that these folders were locked, inuse or not found.

What are the exact error messages?

Are the folders/files on the local drive or are they on a network? Check the folder properties. There may be a Read Only attribute set or the user under which Retrospect is running may not have permission to delete the folders.

Archived