1204 Repeative Error ????

Hi

We have 10 Backup scripts thant run each night to 10 Disk Backup sets stored on a Snap NAS, the problem is that the we receive a 1204 error, we understand this to be a "User did not respond" meaning that the Retrospect Server asked the user to select a new media destination for the relevant backup set. We have a time out set so that the next script can continue.

Trouble is that a week after setting the media destination, the same thing happens, we do not understand why?

Any ideas anybody, is there a manual on V6?

Regards

Gary P

Turn off the media request timeout preference so Retrospect will wait indefinitely for the requested media or make sure the correct media is available when the script runs. If the correct media is not available, the operations log will list the error you're seeing and move on.

• 6 months later...

Hi

I assume you are finding this error when you come in the next morning right? Can you schedule a script to run while you are there to see the error? I'm really curious to see exactly what it is asking for.

Forgive me a low brow question but are any of your backups set to be "New Media" backups? Is this a Windows or BSD NAS?

Thanks

Nate

Archived