quantum dlt-s4 scsi external not recognized by win xp 64-bit

I just upgraded to retrospect 7.7 64-bit running on win vista 64-bit with external scsi quantum dlt-s4.

Now the drive is not working in retro 7.7 professional (on status tab in storage devices windows, status is listed as "not responding" but the drive is listed correctly as quantum dlt-s4 dc").

the drive performed great under 7.6.

Tried a few things but to no avail: reinstalled retro 7.7 and rdu 7.7.1.102 after wiping out previous configuration (at first I installed on top of 7.6)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think I tried with no luck but I will give another shot.

Thanks,

UPdate: I disabled the tape drive in device mgr; did not help, I get the same error message in retrospect.

Any other suggestions or do I need to wait for the next update?

Thanks, laleo

Edited by Guest

This is a bug that we are trying to narrow down.

You might want to contact EMC support, because this issue seems like one that is not likely to be resolved in this user-to-user support forum.

Contact EMC Retrospect Support

If they have found a workaround, they could provide it to you. If they have not yet isolated the bug, perhaps by working with you the bug could be isolated because you seem to have a repeatable test case.

Russ

This is a bug that we are trying to narrow down.

You might want to contact EMC support' date=' because this issue seems like one that is not likely to be resolved in this user-to-user support forum.

Contact EMC Retrospect Support

If they have found a workaround, they could provide it to you. If they have not yet isolated the bug, perhaps by working with you the bug could be isolated because you seem to have a repeatable test case.

Russ

Thanks, Russ. That was my next step. One of the downsides of being early upgrader :--)

Laleo