Restospect 2.5 crashes on Vista 64bit.

ridenar

It's been working for the last 2 week and I've taken about 10 incremental backups. But I noticed the scheduled backup task failed last night with unable to find network location.

The network location in question is an Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive 1TB.

Through vista I can access the NAS and add or delete files with no problems.

Retrospect is experiencing a number of issues:-

Mostly hanging completely on the start up screen leaving a retrospect process running quite a lot.

Once Hanged on start up causing 100% CPU

On the odd occasion it start and presents the backup/restore screen

* Restores fail having allowed me to drill down and select a file - on choosing the custom restore location no system drives are presented only network location which is blank.

* backups fail when the wizard ask which files are to be backed up - I select ‘let me choose the files’ hit next and it grinds away and never moves on.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the copy that shipped with the Iomega NAS and the same problems continue.

The update shows the software as up to date. I'm wondering if this is working actually as its never updated and I can’t see the absolutely latest version being on the OEM CD that came with the NAS.

Does the uninstall completed remove everything it needs to?

Weird this has only started happening the last few days. It’s a brand new PC with very little loaded. I have however enable windows automatic updates and several have been applied in the last few days.

Thanks.