Error 1116 - Can't access network volume

bmclachlan

I am using Win 7 RC 7100 (yes, I know it is not yet supported by Retrospect) and Retrospect 7.6 with Client 7.6. I am backing up a laptop which most using is only connected by wireless. R is scheduled to back up the laptop every night at 10 PM. The laptop is always on.

Ever since upgrading to Win 7 (May 30) Retrospect has not been able to access the laptop during the scheduled b/u when the laptop is in wireless mode. Since Retrospect has NO problem accessing the laptop when it is docked with an Ethernet connection, I thought this might me an IP issue, but when I check the client info in Retrospect, R has no problem connecting. The client is password protected.

Then there is the issue of Client on the laptop reporting that the PC has not been backed up since May 29. I uninstalled the client and re-installed, but it is still reporting that.

The other confusing thing is that if I put the laptop in wifi mode and force a backup, everything works as it should. It is only on the scheduled b/u where there is a problem.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 is not officially supported with Retrospect at this time. An updated version will be released to add official support. Overall though, most users have had no real issues using Windows 7.

The client may be binding to the wired NIC card. Have you tried to us the retroclient /ipsave command in the windows run menu to force the client to use the wireless IP?

The client may be binding to the wired NIC card. Have you tried to us the retroclient /ipsave command in the windows run menu to force the client to use the wireless IP?

The command did not fix the fact that Retroclient is still reporting that May 29th was thedate of my last good backup. The R history screen shows good error free backups with the laptop docked and undocked [now that I fixed an IP issue which was causing problems with the laptop undocked].