error -645 (chunk file damaged during save)

Pete_Evans

• 4 weeks later...

A solution to this would be of interest please (newbie here, so thanks in advance and especially for your patience).

I get the error code below after having done a complete restoration. My question is this. How do I find the "Tools>Repair Catalog>Update existing Catalog File" function?

Catalog File out of sync with Backup Set "YYYY".

To repair it, use Tools>Repair Catalog>Update existing Catalog File.

Thank you.

A solution to this would be of interest please (newbie here, so thanks in advance and especially for your patience).

A more complete answer might be possible if you provided the version of Retrospect Express (x.x.x) that you are using and your Windows version.

But see if this helps:

I get the error code below after having done a complete restoration. My question is this. How do I find the "Tools>Repair Catalog>Update existing Catalog File" function?

Catalog File out of sync with Backup Set "YYYY".

To repair it, use Tools>Repair Catalog>Update existing Catalog File.

The "Tools>Repair Catalog>Update existing Catalog File" notation is simply shorthand for:

Use the Tools menu, choose Repair Catalog, select "Update existing Catalog File".

See also the following Knowledge Base article, which may help:

Retrospect Express rebuild catalog KB article

Russ

Thanks for your reply.

Windows XP Pro, Retrospect Express HD 2.5 in use.

I was aware of what the error message refers to, but it appears that my version of Retrosepct Express does not provide for a menu system that allows me to follow the instructions.

I've found a possible solution by following what MPDMike has done and will update later. It involves using a trial version of Retrospect 7.6 to rebuild my catalogue.