Any support available for ver 1.1?

csuffa

I bought a maxtor external and installed the software that came with it. I've been hapily backing up to the drive 2x per week. Tuesday, I needed a file back and tried to restore it. The restore process doesnt work - either haning up at the "Preparing for restore, calculating time for restore" phase or giving me a error about "Assertion failure at "module.cpp-1952"". Is this software still supported, or do I have to buy a new version to get my files restored? Can I even access my old backups with the newer versions?

Thank ou for your prompt response to my question. I tried your suggestion and now when I start the app it gives me an Windows "serious error" screen. the app looks like it is trying to run, but I have no restore points since october 2008. :^( Can I take this drive to another computer, load my cd and try to restore the files on that pc?

The rebuild should put the software into a "backup maintenance in progress" warning but the program should be opening. The newer restore points will appear when this process is done. It could take an hour or so to finish.

What operating system version is this?

Nothing works. Have rebuilt indexes, have loaded s/w on a clean machine, have dowloaded and installed demo & upgrade to 2.5.x.

What other software can read my rdb backup files? Anything?

Guess I am a fool for buying a backup drive and expecting that the software that comes with it is usable. I got what I paid for, for sure.