how to update from R.E. 7.5.387 to 7.6.123

arthuraaron

I have been running Retrospect Express 7.5.387 for some time now without any issues. However, I just noted that there is a download of a 7.6.123 update (though this is not found if I run Retrospect Updates from within 7.5.387--it returns that this is the most current version).

To update to 7.6.123, do I just run the update, or do I need to uninstall 7.5.387 first? Do I need to note my license number, or will it pull it automatically from the 7.5 version that is currently loaded?

When I run the file I downloaded (Express-EN_7_6_123.exe), it does not seem to see that 7.5.387 is already loaded. Also, it wants to install the "new program" in a different directory than the 7.5: C:\Program Files\Retrospect\Retrospect 7.5 v.s. C:\Program Files\Retrospect\Retrospect 7.6

My concern is that I end up with two instances of Retrospect Express, with both not working properly. There does not seem to be any documentation that addresses this worry, that I can find at least...

Thanks a lot,

Arthur

Thanks for replying so quickly, Mr. Mayoff!

If I may, one other question. I prefer to let the installer do its intended work. If I run the 7.6 installer without uninstalling 7.5 first, will:

1. Will 7.5 be uninstalled automatically, and the 7.5 directory be deleted?

2. After 7.6 install and upon opening R.E. 7.6.123, will my back up scripts, all settings, etc., be imported (I see you mention no setting will be lost, but does this include scripts and the script settings)?

3. Will it use, and update after backup, the same Catalog Files?

Cheers, and thanks again.

I have found R.E. to be invaluable, backing up to my Drobo... It has saved me from disaster twice!