Grooming not working

mdb77b

Using Express 7.6 w/ WD 500GB external drive for backups. The drive is pretty much full with backups dating back to early 2007. But I cannot delete any of them to make some room on the drive. I've set the grooming preferences to be more aggressive but was unable to recover any drive space. I manually deleted several old 'snapshots,' and then directed it to groom immediately, but all of the 'sessions' for those snapshots are still there. Even worse, I used to have a third internal drive (E:) which had many snapshots and sessions associated with it. I removed that drive a couple of months ago and have deleted all of the snapshots associated with it, but the sessions are all still there taking up space. I also changed the amount of space on the drive that Retrospect is supposed to use, but I haven't been able to recover any of the WD external drive. Each time I try to groom manually, I get the same error: "Could not open catalog file XXXX for grooming cleanup; error -843 (resource is in use by another operation". There are no other operations using that drive.

Please help.

Thanks.