DVD DL error 203

Hi. I've been using Retrospect 6.1.138 on a dual core 2.4 ghz Imac running Leopard 10.5.4. I've never had a problem with Ritek DL+R media before. Retrospect was backing up media to the 3rd disc in a set and reported a 203 hardware failure error. I put in a new disc and got the same error. I inserted another disc and that wrote succesfully. Here's the killer: When I try to restore anything from the 3rd disc, it is not recognized as compatible and is called "unknown". The disc is shot so my entire backup set is blown because I don't know exactly what is on that disk. Is there a way I can remake that third disc? Is there a way to tell Retrospect, "Hey, can you replace what is on backup disc #3?" The program knows what is on what but is there a way I can get that stuff backed up without redoing 26 gigabytes of information.

That said, does anybody have a suggestion as to the safest DVD-DL medium to use. Please use specific brand names and numbers if applicable.

Thank you so much . . . in advance.

-Tony

• 2 months later...