Retrospect 7.6 scheduled backup not running

markm75

I have a question.. maybe a silly one.. but.. i scheduled a backup to run nightly but it never runs..

Do i need to leave the main program open for this to occur?

I would have thought there would be some sort of backup agent that would run in the back ground?

IE: The activity monitor? Do i just put that in startup and it will then run as scheduled?

Thanks

So if i have a "pause" symbol and it says stay in retrospect, and at the bottom i see the script scheduled for 1am etc.. i can safely close and it should auto run at that time?

At least in x64 Vista, this didnt seem to happen, to further test, i set a task to run sooner and tried it a few times with no luck..

I tried the suggestions on this link.. they didnt work..

The job would show up at the bottom, saying it was scheduled to run.. i'd click exit on the program, it would ask to check the media and warn me it will run that night (or in the near future)..

In those settings.. i have:

Enable Retrospect Service.. automatically launch retrospect.. and "exit" and "show taskbar icon"..

I unchecked everything and rebooted, per the article.. then reselected everything..

I also tried changing it from exit to stay in retrospect...

Nothing has worked..

Also.. while in the program, the activity monitor would show the job scheduled and when u exit the main program, the activity monitor no longer showed this..