Error -1101 and -1012

Hi all,

while the backup of a mailbox is running, i get two errors (Retrospect 7.5 SBS Standard):

1) -1101 (file/directory not found)

2) -1012 (feature not supported)

1) I saw an kb article (Error -1101 (File/Directory not found) when doing a Mailbox backup) and the solution sounds good, but i cannot use the "errors"-button beacuse the button is not active. Is there a known reason?

2) The second problem seems to be quite hard. I didn't found the right advice to solve the problem. Can anyone gimme a hint?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Hi Mayoff,

thanks for your reply. Here is the message when the error occured:

MBDataInputStream::PrepareLongProperty: Failure (winerr = 0x80040102) to read long property 0x3fe1.

Datei "User1\Inbox\000000000438579bd3b48c41abaf723c303cff1c0100ae3dd92844553f4a8b398f203a9e31ac00000000711b0000": kann nicht gelesen werden, Fehler -1012 (Funktion wird nicht unterstützt)

Have a nice day

Michael

It sounds like Retrospect is having trouble reading a specific file inside a mailbox. It might be spam, corrupt message or a corrupt attachment. It could even be a bad subject line.

Do you get this error for every item in the mailbox or just some data?

The 0x80040102 is coming directly from Microsoft and is some type of MAPI read error.

I get these errors every day as well, and it causes my backup to be reported as "incomplete". When I tried to get support from EMC, I was told that there was corruption in my exchange database. However, I am very meticulous about maintaining my databases. There are no errors or corruption in them, but the errors still persist. The error messages reported by Retrospect do not give any indication of the message subject or related information that would assist in finding the problematic messages, and so the error never disappears (unless the user themselves delete the message, which is rare)