Mozy backup as scheduled Retrospect script

robr

Hi,

I just discovered Mozy through the 7.6 update. I'm looking for a way to force Mozy to do an immediate backup as one of the Retrospect's scheduled scripts, but haven't found it. Here's the backup policy I'm looking to implement:

- Wake up the retro host and client computers.

- Run a duplicate of a client's select files onto the host running Retrospect.

- Run a Mozy backup of those duplicated files and some others on the Retro host.

- Run a fuill backup of the host & client to an external hard drive.

- Put the host & client into hibernate when done.

I'm looking for a way to run the Mozy backup immediatlely after the client duplicate. Currently I'm doing something like this with a retroeventhandler.bat script that starts up a remote backup via the command line (using my old remote backup provider), so if there's a way to have mozy start a backup via command line, that could work. But ideally it'd be great to have the Mozy schedule integrated into Retrospect's scheduling.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get this to work, it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks for the info; I'll look forward to better scheduling integration in the future.

In the meantime, is there a way to do a Mozy immediate backup from the command line? Something along the lines of:

"C:\Program File\MozyHome\mozybackup.exe" /backup

Interstingly, running the above appears to run the Mozy backup right away...maybe I stumbled on the correct option. It's be nice to get a full listing of all command line options, if available.

Thanks,

Rob

• 5 months later...

Rob - Our situations are a little different, but maybe this will help...

1) At 12:15 I synchronize selected folders on the host and client computers, using Microsoft's free SynchToy 2.0 and Task Scheduler (10 min)

2) At 1:00 Retrospect backs up the host computer (30 min)

3) At 3:00 Retrospect backs up the client computer (60 min)

4) At 5:00 MozyHome backs up specified data files on the host computer (60 min)

While it might be nice to be able to schedule everything with a single script, once you learn how long each procedure takes it's not a problem scheduling them individually. Good luck. - Dave

• 8 months later...