Exchange system components?

Are Retrospect also backs up Exchange system components like Exchange settings, offline address list, recipient policies, system folders,

public folders settings, integration settings to ActiveDirectory and etc., or it backs up only storage database components?

Retrospect will backup the Windows system state, if you backup the C drive.

Retrospect will backup everything from whatever disk you pick. Retrospect will backup the storage groups you select.

I backup system-C drive with system-state separately from Exchange. Now I have situation, where operating system is broken, but Exchange is in good working state. I want to restore operating system with system-state to previous snapshot, but I want Exchange to remain with current configuration. I plan to first restore drive C with system-state and then restore Exchange back to the current, newest point (backed up right before drive C restoration).

But how then I restore Exchange "system-state"? Drive C system-state is then old, but for Exchange I want current state. I need separete system-states for operating system and for Exchange.

Is Exchange backup in Retrospect backs-up also Exchange system or not? I don't mean operating-system state.