Unable to change User

akr

I have been using successfully retrospect 7.0 for past 6 months. Since we have changed our system to Windows Vista I am planning to switch to Retrospect 7.5. I have downloaded the trial version and installed it the problem I am facing is that I am not able to change the user (in Preference>Execution>Security>Run as specified user). Radio buttons are disabled. Please advise. Is it the limitation of trial version? Thanks for your help.

AK

Thanks for your reply. It does not even run as logged in user. Also, I can not select that option from Preferences. On the task manager it shows the process started by "SYSTEM" when the backup is running. The backup runs in the background. And when backup is running the logged in user can not open Retrospect. I am thinking wheather it is worth purchasing this version.

Regards

AK

Quote:

From the 7.5 Read Me document: Retrospect Backup User (RBU): The RBU is not supported on Windows Vista and you must run as the logged in user.

Make sure you are running 7.5.387. I would also recommend reviewing the other read me items, like this one:

Automated Operations: When Retrospect automatically launches on Windows Vista, the application window is hidden. If an operation is running and Retrospect is manually launched an alert is displayed warning that an operation is in progress. You are then able to close the alert and let the operation continue or stop the operation and show the Retrospect window.

Retrospect will run under the System Account during autolaunch.

Thanks for your reply. In order for backup to work with this limitation. I have changed user rights and permission. Now I get following error -

"Can't access volume xxxx on yyyy on zzzz, error -1102 (drive missing/ unavailable)"

I can access the above volume manuallly as local user. Please help!

Thanks in advance,

AK

Quote:

Make sure you are running 7.5.387. I would also recommend reviewing the other read me items, like this one:

Automated Operations: When Retrospect automatically launches on Windows Vista, the application window is hidden. If an operation is running and Retrospect is manually launched an alert is displayed warning that an operation is in progress. You are then able to close the alert and let the operation continue or stop the operation and show the Retrospect window.

Retrospect will run under the System Account during autolaunch.

Thanks for your reply!

I did everything as per your suggestion. But still get the same error after multiple trials. It is so frustrating to work on this software. I feel like giving up.

Quote:

You should try to forget the volumes from Configure>Volumes. Add the volume again. Then right click on the volume and configure the Login As for automatic login.

Finally, I was able to run the backup successfully last night. Thanks a lot for your support.

Quote:

Shared with what?

Is this a Windows NAS? Linux NAS? Macintosh computer with a share?

When you tried to automatically login, what was the result? What happens with immediate vs scheduled backups? What type of account is being used for automatic login?