Remote Client Backups "Hang"

I'm running Retrospect 5.6 Desktop on a Windows XP Pro PC, performing remote client backups to two laptops, each running Windows XP and remote client 5.6, and backing up several partitions on each system.

Whenever the backups run, they proceed smoothly, until the last step, the "building catalog" step, at which point the process hangs. But it's not a real "hang," since the application itself still responds (I can exit out cleanly, etc.). No hard drive activity, but it will stay on building a catalog for 8-10 hours, and never exit.

My backups are to a disk file, and the behavior is both reproduceable and consistent across the two clients and various partitions on each.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

/s/ James

Brilliant. Thank you.

Any idea why this is the case, and whether Dantz intends to address it? The Restore Point functionality is useful to have.... (Naturally, the Retrospect backup will help if I can't use the Restore Points, but the level of granularity isn't quite the same.)

Thanks again,

/s/ James