2000 Server problem

Hello,

I am running Windows 2000 server and have the upgraded version of the workgroup backup software. For a while now I have seen a reoccurring problem when using the scheduled backup to CD-RW's.

I have installed the product and have created an administrative account for the service to use. The account is good and s not locked out. I schedule my backups at 8:00pm and recently is has not ran. But when I login to the machine using the service account the backup start right away and is always successful.

Has anyone else seen this? This is a big issue for me since I run a lot of flat file databases and can’t work while they are being backed up?

This is the third time this has happened to me and I can not figure it out. In the past I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and works but I no longer consider this a solution and need a permanent fix.

This is how it works for me.. The backup runs with no issues fro 30 – 60 days then it stops working, like clock work.

Users will sometimes need to reconfigure the launcher service for custom login to network volumes.

Do the following to edit the launcher service for non-default login:

Windows 2000/XP

1. Open the Services Control Panel under Administrative Tools.

2. Select Retrospect Launcher, stop the service and then click the Startup button.

3. In the "Log On As" section select This Account. LocalSystem will appear in the field to the right.

4. Change "LocalSystem" to the account you want to use and then enter your password in the two password fields.

5. Restart the Launcher Service.

See if that helps your script launching.