(sub)volume not available

Hi

Does your internal hard drive show up twice in the configure volumes window? Your scripts and immediate operations may be remembering the hard drive as it was listed in your 4.3 preferences. Because you have now switched OSes that is showing up as a different drive now. You will need to delete the reference to the old drive and redefine your subvolumes on the new one

Nate

That fixed it! Thanks. However, Retrospect wants to back up ALL my data in a selected subvolume, not just update it. It first said the catalogue was out of synch so I went to tools/repairs/update catalogue, then selected my subvolume in question. It still wants to back up 7.8 GB of data when there shouldn't be more than 50MB needing backup. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi

This is normal. Unfortunately you will have to bite the bullet and backup everything once again. When you move to a new hard disk or OS some file attributes will change very slightly. Retrospect detects this change and backs up the files again.

Thanks

Nate