Unable to bypass frozen Dashboard

kidziti

Windows 10 system and recent upgrade to 16.x from my old 7.7. Unfortunately it gives me two choices - open Retrospect or open the Dashboard. Problem is that BOTH open the dashboard and the dashboard just sits there with a blue donut. Is there any way to bypass this very buggy feature and get back to the simple but dated interface I was used to?

kidziti,

What is this "16.x"?  In this post you said you had installed "16.5.1.109 (Windows Desktop version)".  Here's a thread whose OP had what sounds like a similar problem with that release, and was guided to a fix.  Someone else had a problem, and solved it by downgrading to 16.1—but I can't tell you where to download that.

You seem to be having several problems within the last day or so.   Here's why and how to file a Support Request for a bug.  If you upgraded within 45 days (I think), you are entitled to free personalized help from Retrospect Tech Support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, mbennett said:

In case you haven't solved this already, start services.msc and stop all Retrospect services.  Then the primary Retrospect program will start without the Dashboard loading.

What he said.  I had problems with the Console in Retrospect 15, and apparently those issues weren't fixed (properly) even as recently as 16.50.  The only practical solution was to do what mbennett wrote.  The downside is that I need to start Retrospect manually so sometimes backups go later at night that I would prefer.  But at least I get my backups (and occasional restores) done without incident.