jjevans

Duplicate / Scripts / Exclude Directory

According to your image you have it set to exclude FILES matching TWO. If you want to exclude FOLDERS matching TWO then this will definitely not work.

post-45610-0-66470300-1441718494_thumb.jpeg

I just ran an initial test using Retrospect Professional 9.0 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit running in a VMware Workstation 12 Pro virtual machine and it worked. Source contains folder One, Two and Three and destination only contains folder One and Three because Two was excluded.

What version and edition of Windows and what version and edition of Retrospect are you using?

Just tried again with Retrospect 10.0.2.119 Desktop running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and the exclusion worked as expected.

What are you using by way of antivirus and/or anti-malware? I only use what comes with Windows.

I was able to resolve this issue with a remote session with Retrospect.

The reason the directory was not excluded was because the directory did not have any files in it. 

If you exclude a directory with no files inside it Retrospect will copy the folder despite being in the exclude list.

Thank you Scillonian and Mayoff for all your help. You are real assets to the forum.