Backing Up Data From Iomega Storcenter Ix2 200

servo15

[This support document:

https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20359/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxNzQwOTM4NC9zaWQvVFA2cmpwRms%3D

gives the answer: "Run the StorCenter ix Manager software. Once you have logged into the StorCenter device, you can find your IP address under Settings→Network Services→Network Settings."

Hi Dave

The advice from Iomega is useless. There is no 'StorCenter ix Manager' software.

There is an Iomega Storage Manager on my system now. But there is no 'settings' or 'network services'.

I've used to OSX terminal to find what IP addresses are on the network and the Iomega drive shows up.

But when I try to add this as a source in retrospect... nothing shows.

Can't get much sense from Iomegas own site either.... when I try to register with the site I get a message 'email already registered'. Which I haven't. Are Iomega and Retrospect owned by the same company? Stupid password retrieval asks for a user ID. Great.... i don't even know that either. And there's no way to retrieve your user ID. Grrrrr.

Anyhoo... any more ideas?

All I want to do is to be able to back up the content on the drive!!!

Downloaded this... but doesn't work.

I get this message:

The IP address and other network settings are normally configured automatically.

This page is shown when a Iomega StorCenter device was unable to acquire a lease from the DHCP server.

If no DHCP server is available, you can manually configure the IP address by entering a new IP that matches your computer network setting.

There's a text field with a half completed IP address and the message 'Update Network Settings for 'ix2-200-THUBCE IP Address: 172.16.199.[ text field ]

Am assuming I'm supposed to complete the IP address... but if I add a number to the end, nothing happens.

Been speaking with Iomega earlier today, without much success, other than being able to set admin controls.

They asked me to create a dump file... but can't even do that as I can't access the support file from the drive.

At last I've managed to view the IP address from the Iomega Storage Manager' software. This was blanked out yesterday.

Still can't see the drive via retrospect. When I type in the IP address of the drive I just get 'no client found at this address'.

Edited by Chris1963

When I type in the IP address of the drive I just get 'no client found at this address'.

The Retrospect OS X Client software isn't running on your NAS device, so it wouldn't be considered a "client" in any case.

You should be adding the network share using the "Share..." button in the Add Sources drop-down sheet. And you should be providing a fully qualified URL, as shown in that field's grey example text.

The Retrospect OS X Client software isn't running on your NAS device, so it wouldn't be considered a "client" in any case.

You should be adding the network share using the "Share..." button in the Add Sources drop-down sheet. And you should be providing a fully qualified URL, as shown in that field's grey example text.

Thanks Dave

how do I know what the full URL is?

I've used this: afp://ix2-200-thubce.local/share

And: afp://ix2-200-thubce/share

I get either 'path not found' or 'credentials not valid'