Restoring an Exchange Public Folder

The Restore operation states that there are no mailbox Snapshots in the Backup Set, yet when I look at a Content Report I can see an All Public Folders item in the list, along with all the mailboxes.

In Backup Set Properties > Snapshot I don't see anything about Mailboxes or Public Folders, just the Directory Service and Information Store. However, in the Sessions tab I see several Public Folders objects.

In the backup script the selector has "Exchange Mailboxes" and "Exchange Server". The Exchange Server Volume contains Directory Service and Information Store. The Mailboxes Volume contains all the mailboxes and an "All Public Folders" object.

Is it possible that my problem is that I haven't added any Public Folders subvolumes to the All Public Folders Volume, the way I added mailboxes to the Exchange Mailboxes Volume?

I need to restore one Public Folder completely and, although the data has been archived, I can't restore it.

Bill

Hi

"Is it possible that my problem is that I haven't added any Public Folders subvolumes to the All Public Folders Volume, the way I added mailboxes to the Exchange Mailboxes Volume? "

Yes, that is what is wrong. Check page 339 of the Retrospect 7 users manual pdf.

The public folders are included in your backup that copied the entire database store. Unfortunately you will need to restore the entire database to get them back.

Thanks

Nate

Archived