-1101 (file/folder not found)

bvaladka

I am getting -1101 errors writing to a backup set with Express 5.6. The backup set is on a shared network drive that is mapped. The account name for the share is different from the local login account but when mapping we connect with the correct account. We can write to the mapped folder in Windows and do a manual "run" in Retrospect. But our automated scripts always fail with -1101 (file/folder not found). I have tried running the service with the account info needed for the mapping and it still fails. Any ideas? Maybe an upgrade to 7.0 Pro will fix this? Thanks.

Hi

The launcher service must be configured with an admin account of the computer actually running Retrospect. NOT the account required for the mapped share. I know it sounds backwards but trust me on this.

Retrospect 7 makes dealing with this problem much easier.

Thanks

Nate

Thanks Nate. I have tried it with both permissions, and on different computers and mapped drives, and still get the same error. "The script is not ready. Can't access Backup Set.

error -1101 (file/directory not found)" The odd thing is that on one of my machines it

works fine. Others set up in identical fashion don't work. Thanks for any advice.

Hi

Have you set the login paramaters for the network volume in the Retrospect source selection window? Show properties for the share. There is a window in the top left that will let you enter a password.

Have you set up automatic login for the backup set in the backup set properties?

Thanks

Nate

Nate,

I don't see where to show properties for the source selection window. We are backing up to a network volume, so shouldn't I be concerned with the destination properties? On one machine changing the automatic login properties for the backup set, in addition to running the Retrospect launcher service as an admin account (not Local System account), it worked.

But in that case the admin account on the local machine running Retrospect and the properties for the automatic login were identical. If these are different it won't work.

It is also odd that if we run the script manually, it works fine. It only fails during scheduled

exectution.

Thanks for the help.

Hi

Express 5.6 has limited places to make settings changes. Whatever volumes window you can get to make the changes.

Microsoft puts limits on network access for the system account. When Retrospect runs automatically it uses the system account by default. That is why the errors only happen on automatic backup.

Thanks

Nate

• 2 months later...

I am using Win XP Pro and Retrospect 7. When I set up my script for unattended backup of my WD net Center I started getting Error 1101. After finding knowledgebase article 27761, I made the changes to the Services Management Console which it set forth. When I tried to restart Retrospect Launcher I got error message 1069 re password. I set up passwords for the Launcher Service Login and the Admin Account but when I tried to restart Retrospect launcher I still got error message 1069. What did I miss and where do I go from here? Would appreciate any and all helpful suggestions.

Rooter

Archived