What would I need?

CandGB

Hi All,

I would like to implement Retrospect in an environment that is running one Windows 2000 Server, Enterprise Edition. The Server is also running Exchange. Will Retrospect 7.0 Single Server back up this server? And then I think I would need to purchase the Exchange Agent, if I'm reading correctly. I would like to install Retrospect on a separate machine, dedicated only to Retrospect, with a Travan tape drive. Is this an adequate setup? Would I also want to get Open File Manager? Oh, and there are also 6 desktops running XP Pro but I see that Retro 7.0 gives me unlimited workstations so looks like that's covered.

Thank you for any advice!

Hi

Here is what you need:

Single Server

Exchange agent

Open file backup (optional)

The exchange agent includes a server client license. This will allow you to install Retrospect on the machine with the Travan drive and back up the server over the network.

Open file is a good addition. I would install the trial version of Retrospect and run some backups with open file enabled/disabled. That will help you know if it is something useful for your environment.

Thanks

Nate

Hi

No. Single server means "the one Windows server you have Retrospect installed on". So you can install and backup a local server but you can't backup network severs with out add on licenses.

The Exchange agent is worth it anyway.

Thanks

Nate

Archived