Inoperative scroll bars

The windows in retrospect will not scroll. Other windows in the OS 9 finder work just fine, but the only way to navigate my log, file browser lists and other windows with the right side scroll bars is to use the keyboard arrows. None of the little triangles at the bottom or top of the scroll bars do anything. I can't drag the button along the scoll bar that shows the relative postition in the window. My retrospect version is 5.1.175 running in OS 9. The computer is a PM7100 with a Sonnet G3 upgrade. Any help available?

Thank,

Hal

Hi

Retrospect is a carbon application that relies on something called carbonlib. I have seen many cases where carbon applications don't work well with G3 upgrade cards. Usually, updating the drivers and firmware for the upgrade card will take care of it.

Thanks

Nate

When I went from CarbonLib 1.5 to CarbonLib 1.6, Retrospect would not lauch at all; the error message said I needed "InterfaceLib- GetComponentResource". So I backed out on that one, replaced CarbonLib 1.5, upgraded the Sonnet extension from 2.03 to 2.3 and THAT CURED THAT ANNOYANCE!!

THANKYOU!! Thankyou!!

Now if if can just get the riddle of the 519 error solved.....; Retrospect does just fine with a OS9 volume, but hates a osX volume.

Thanks again,

Hal

Archived