purchasing new optical drive

Nate,

I want to purchase a new dvd drive, dl, that is driver supported by Dantz. One of the main problems I have is that by the time a driver is produced (for say a sony dvd) they are already out of season and off the shelf. I have tried to out guess the "new" drives that may be supported by Dantz, and have twice selected a models which were skipped over by Dantz.

Is there a contact in tech support that could advise me whether there are any dl drives (currently available for sale) for which Dantz is underway or committed to producing a driver for in the future? (I really prefer not to have to custom configure).

Glenn.

Hi

Unfortunately we have no way of knowing what is on the shelf at stores. We also can't commit to providing a driver until it is tested and finalized. There are a lot of drives that simply fail certification. We'd hate to mislead you into buying a drive only to find out later that it will never work with Retropsect.

What features are you looking for in a drive? We might be able to find some supported devices for you.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Archived