Restore hangs when retieving

all,

I am trying to restore some files from tape. Retrospect hangs when trying to retrieve the files. The tape was created before I got a new auto-tape loader. Are there any issues restoring from tapes created with older tape drives. Both drives support dds-4.

thanks,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm having a similar difficulty. I'm running a mac G4, os 9.2.2, retrospect 5.0 w/ latest driver updates, Sony SDT-11000 DDS Tape Drive, ATTO Express PCI UL2D SCSI Adapter. The backups were made with retrospect 4.1i and this problem started after moving the drive 5 ft. from where it originally was. The problem is while restoring from a backup, the drive restores the first 10 or so files and then just stops with no activity. Retrospect still says it's restoring but shows no progress. Even when left for 2 hours, it was still in the same position as when I left. Please help, I've been working on this problem for the last 2 days straight.

Jared

Hi

No joke -moving a SCSI device 2 inches is enough to cause problems if you have faulty cables or connections. There are tons of wires in those cables. One goes bad and the whole thing can fail.

Double check all your connections, make sure the weight of excess cable is not pulling on the connector on the back of the drive or on the computer.

Can you restore from other tapes? Or is this the only one that gives you trouble? That will really narrow the source of the problem down.

Thanks

Nate

Archived