Trouble with network backups? Help

napapipe

Last night i ran a backup of a win 2000 machine over the network. The backup ran but had 24 errors, most of them are 1020 errors, (sharing violation). I then proceeded to make a disaster recovery CD and when I was prompted to choose a "snapshot" I chose the only one in the set (C:). I then received a message box reading " Sorry, that snapshot cannot start a windows volumn" IS this because the snapshot is missing certain system files that were not copied during the backup? I ran this same scenario on the system that is running Retrospect 6.5, all worked well. What settings do I need to change to make this work? Thanks doh.gif

I have tried a another backup, with the same results. below are the files that give the 1020 error. Thanks

this is driving me nuts, and pretty much renders Retrospect useless until it is fixed.

File "\\hmi-test\c\Documents and Settings\PLCAdmin\NTUSER.DAT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\Documents and Settings\PLCAdmin\NTUSER.DAT.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\default": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\default.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\SAM": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\SAM.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\SYSTEM.ALT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\software": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\software.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "\\hmi-test\c\WINNT\system32\config\system": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

Archived