activate fromWindows XP login screen

susan23

Am new to this.

Have Retrospect 6.5 on Win. XP Pro machine to back up files from a network file sharing machine onto the XP's local hard drive.

All works well when logged in to the XP machine. However, when I set Retro. to run at a scheduled time, I get the 1017 error about not having permissions. I think this is occuring because when Retrospect is set to run is at a time when the Win XP has automatically logged out to the Windows login screen and the network hard drive apparantly cannot be accessed by the computer at that point. -Does that sound correct? What is the solution? -Have tried adjusting the Retrospect Launcher login from the XP machine...but have not found a combination that works.

Thanks for any help

Leave the Retro Launcher service alone (as LocalSystem). Inside Retro, open the Preferences tab => Security and set the "Always run Retrospect as specified user" option to the user (name, password, domain or local machine name) that has the desired (admin, network) permissions. This should give Retro the same permissions that it has when you're logged into XP (the way it was running by default when it worked).

Archived