Selector Troubles

Terran

I'm using Retrospect 6.5, of course, and I've got a scripted backup that works fine. What I want to do is go in and change the files in each of my Selectors that I use in the script. When I go to Configure -> Selectors, it seems that I can only add/delete/modify the filters of each Selector. When I first set up the Selectors for the script, I was able to select individual files and folders manually. I had a full list to choose from and check-off.

My question is this: How do I go into my Selectors and manually change the files and folders for the Selector? confused.gif

Thanks!

-Terran-

Are you confusing the use of SELECTORS (which filter out areas NOT to be utilised) and the use of the SOURCES and DESTINATIONS panels (which direct Retrospect to the areas to be utilised)?

The alternative answer to a *I can't find it* type of question is usually to have a go at doubleclicking it or sometimes rightclicking it:-)

best wishes, Robert

No, I've got my Sources correct (the volumes and/or general folders to backup) and Destination correct (the drive to save the backup to).

The issue comes with trying to manually select individual files. When I first created my new Selectors, I was able to (somehow) select each individual file and folder in a "Windows Explorer"-looking interface (complete with checkboxes and such). I want to open up those same Selectors that I created and then modify the files and folders in that same Explorer-looking interface. The problem is, I can not get back into that Explorer-looking view. All I see is the script-editor view: (e.g. "Select <blah> files that <are not> created after <date>." and such).

I can't even find how to get in there in the help file or in my user manual.

Driving me nuts.

-Terran-

<Driving me nuts.>

Ah! So, you DID find the real name on the packaging... under the sticky label that said "Retrospect":-)

What about doing an IMMEDIATE backup?

After the SOURCE and DESTINATION stuff and the SELECTING (Ah, maybe you've been meaning to say SELECTING rather than SELECTORS...?) you will find the PREVIEW button. This displays an Exporer-looking view... give that a go!

best wishes, Robert

Hey, THAT's how I did it. Thanks, man. Though it seems I can only do the Preview in IMMEDIATE backups. That's a big bummer. However, I can save Immediate Previews as Selectors and then use them in my scripts. So it's exactly what I was looking for, only I just have to work around a few things.

No big deal, really.

Thanks a bunch Robert!

-Terran-

Archived