Network Backup-Reminder Messages???

I have a small LAN - older computer serving as a Backup Server running OS 9.2.2 that has a variety of regular backup scripts and some backup server scripts. It backs up an OS 10.2.8 client (PowerBook connected via AirPort) and an OS 9.2.2 client (iBook running OS 9.2.2). Some of the backups are file backups to the servers internal drive, others are tape backups to 2 tape drives. What I would like to be able to do is have the server send reminder messages to my powerbook about what tape sets are needed so that I can change the tapes. I know I could just check the server but I only use this computer for backups. Is this possible from within Retrospect? I'm using Retrospect Desktop version 5.0.238.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I found a Retrospect Event Handler Script in the AppleScript utilities folder for Outlook Express that sends me email with some details about the scripts running on the server. This seems to be what I was looking for. Now I just have to learn more applescript so that I can customize the script even more.

Chris

Archived