force rescan of disk when checking selector? (WinXP, 6.5)

abe

Immediate background: I added an exclude path condition to a selector to exclude the mozilla cache folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\*\*.*\Cache\

Trouble was, the folder was still included when I checked the selector! That is, the Mozilla folder did not receive a gray-shaded checkbox, and the Cache folder was still highlighted in blue when I expanded the branch.

This folder was still included even after restarting Retrospect and the machine. Odd, hunh? The folder had been empty (should not affect whether it is selected when checking a selector), so I figured I'd add a dummy file, test.txt. Then checked the selector again, but it didn't rescan, and didn't show the new file when I expanded the Cache folder.

Closing Retrospect and reopening causes the check selector function to rescan the chosen drive, but since this sort of thing affects me frequently I figured I'd ask if there's a way to force a rescan without restarting the app. Is there?

[As for the folder not being excluded, very bizarre. I copied the non-wildcard path (using PowerDesk's "copy path as text" function) exactly and added that as a path condition, and that seemed to fix the problem--the cache folder was now excluded. What's even more bizarre is that after disabling then deleting the exact path condition, the wildcard version now excludes the folder when it did not previously. Any thoughts on this?]

Archived