CPU Usage and Client License with Proactive Backup

mcone

We're nearing a decision to implement your Single Server version within our group of companies and need help on an additional question.

When running your Express version and performing a backup by accessing a remote workstation, the remote workstation is slowed noticeably. The CPU Usage percentage jumps up to 18% with nothing else active. This additional CPU usage load at the remote workstation is more than I would like.

I would like to know if the CPU Usage by the client license responding to Proactive backup is LOWER than what I have experienced with Express. Or, even better, is the amount of CPU usuage adjustable in the client license software?

It is important that the workstation user notice no lag - even if it means slowing the backup process.

It depends on your client settings, but I get very few complaints of system slowness while performing proactive backups. For those users that do complain there's a slider in the client's preferences that allows priority to be shifted from the backup to user responsiveness.

Archived