BACKING UP OSX IN FULL

I recently had to restore a file for one of my users (on OSX) who had accidently deleted some files from their desktop. No worries I thought, but looking at my backup realised that none of the OSX directory structure had been backed up - no users folders or anything like that. Have I just goofed on setting up the client or what? Checked all my other OSX users backups and they are the same. I'm scared...

Server is G4 OSX 10.3 Retrospect 5.1 Workgroup

it is in file and folder hierarchy... folders are there, but pretty much the way you would expect an OS9 volume to appear. Users folder isn't backed up, nor is libraries / system, yet system folder and applications (OS9) are - it's as though it's ignoring everything that was introduced by OSX on every client backup, even though I have specified to backup entire hard disk on the backup schedule.

grateful for any suggestions. thanks

everything appeared to be set fine, selector was 'all files' with no exclusions or conditions. I altered the 'all files' selector from 'everything' to 'folder is volume root to include subfolders' and now it is backing up as I would have expected it to with 'everything' selected - including Library / System / Users folders.

Still think its strange that it ignores those crucial folders when it is set to backup everything but what the hey; it's working now laugh.gif

Thanks for the input.

Archived