duplicate: different modification date/time error

I have Retrospect 5.1.175 and when I do a "Duplicate" of the boot drive from a Retrospect Client, I get over 1000 errors from various files and groups of files like the following:

$[40] File "030330-32-86D.jpg": different modification date/time (src: 4/6/2003 5:08:53 AM, dest: 4/6/2003 6:08:53 AM), path: "PMG5_HD/Documents/030330-32-86D.jpg".

The times are 1 hour off. Even if I Erase the destination drive and do a fresh duplicate, I still get the error. The total number of files on the drive is over 100,000, so it's not all the files, and both machines have the same time zone and are both using a network time server. I was getting this error in OS X 10.2.8 and now in 10.3.2.

The errors occur every time I run the Duplicate, with the same files.

-jr

Quote:

The errors occur every time I run the Duplicate, with the same files.

Yep. It's a long standing issue that's plauged Retrospect since I first started using it at version 3.

Dantz says it's an Apple issue, one that's made the transition to OS X, and I have no reason to doubt them.

Take a close look at the date of the representative file you list, then take a look at this chart:

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

You'll see that April 6, 2003 was a Daylight Savings Time change. You'll get this sort of error on any file that has modification dates on these boundries.

Dave

Archived