I was having the "elem.c-812" error. I installed the patch as instructed. I am running Retrospect in OS 9.1 giving the application 60 megs of RAM and am backing up both OS 9 machines and OS X machines. After installing the patch, I was able to back up our AppleShare IP server but was continually getting "type 2 errors" while backing up OS X clients and Retrospect would crash. I reinstalled Retrospect and the patch from scratch. I was finally able to backup OS X clients. Problem is when I came in this morning I once again had the: Internal consistency check failed, Assertion check at "elem.c-812" error. This occured while attempting to back up my Appleshare IP server.

The log reads: System clock and tick timer appear inconsistent, code 2, dates, times and statistics may be incorrect.

Just a follow up, I rebooted the Backup server and now it appears to be backing up the Apple Share IP Fileserver. Whether it will work tomorrow or not, I don't know. What I do know is that I have yet to do a full backup of all clients without a Retrospect crash.

Archived