Labels mis-identified?

Now that Panther (OS X 10.3.1) has restored labels, I tried to create a Selector by label is ...

Unfortunately, the choices for labels do NOT match the Finder Label definitions. There is no info in Retrospect as to colors or user defined labels. Instead it appears that the OLD OS 9 default labels are the only choice.

So how does one correlate the Retrspect labels selections with the OS X labels on the files/folders?

Retrospect 5.1 was released before Panther, so Panther specific changes to the OS are not supported by Retrospect. We hope to have compatible Panther release out soon, which may include an update to the labels selector. With the amount of work being done to make Retrospect compatible with all the major OS changes, it's possible that the label selector may not be updated right away.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

although I upgraded Retrospect to take advantage of new Panther capabilities, you're telling me that Dantz has not yet updated Retrospect!

Retrospect 5.1 was released before Apple released Panther. Then the day Apple released Panther, Dantz published information about how Retrospect 5.1 and Mac OS X 10.3 interact.

So either you upgraded Retrospect before you had Panther (in which case you shouldn't have expected your update to be in response to a non-existant operating system) OR you upgraded Retrospect after Panther was released, in which case information regarding its capabilities were easily available.

Dave

Quote:

I assume I'll qualify for a free update to get these capabilities, right?

The price of upgrades went up December 18th, so anyone purchasing then or after is entitled to a free upgrade.

From November 18th to December 18th, those who purchased an upgrade need to pay the difference in upgrade prices only.

Interesting comment, but I read everything Dantz posted and it did NOT list any of the problems I've encountered. It did NOT say labels were not implemented, since they've always been a part of Retrospect. It did NOT say the Maxtor OneTouch capabilities would not work. etc.

In fact, it did NOT suggest that users should not upgrade to Panther or not use Retrospect with Panther.

According to the online pricing matrix, prices now are the same as they were in early December when I purchased the upgrade.

Hopefully, this means I will qualify for the upgrade; although I'd certainly be willing to pay the difference in price, if indeed the prices did go up, in order to get a working version of Retrospect.

Archived