Retrospect starting when it shouldn't and NOT starting when it should

All of a sudden Retrospect duplicate is not behaving. It comes up by itself to execute a duplicate, mostly when I wake up the computer ( it can start three or four times before I get it to finally quit) and it is NOT backing up every couple of days when scheduled. It appeaqrs it starts, and then stops about a minute later. Where do I look for answers to this? doh.gif

Quote:

It comes up by itself to execute a duplicate, mostly when I wake up the computer

Quote:

Where do I look for answers to this?

In your own post. wink.gif

Retrospect for cannot wake up a sleeping computer. Make sure the computer is not set to sleep the system or the hard drives.

To be kept up to date on improvements in Retrospect for Mac OS X power management features such as, "wake on lan", waking from sleep, automatic shutdown of clients, energy saver support, etc. sign up for the following newsletter:

http://list.dantz.com/mailman/listinfo/mac_power_mgnt

Quote:

Where do I look for answers to this

The Operations Log is a good place to start.

If the Macintosh running Retrospect is sleeping when the script time comes, the machine continues to sleep. Most every process is suspended during sleep. When the machine wakes up, the retrorun process sees that it's overdue and immediately launches the program and runs its pending script.

If a Client Macintosh is sleeping when a Macintosh running Retrospect attempts to connexct to it, the connection will fail; the Client software is suspended when a Macintosh is sleeping.

Mac OS X 10.3 has added some scheduling options to the Energy Saver preference pane; you can now pick a time to power on, power off, or sleep a Mac. But there is no setting for wake; go figgure!

Dave

Archived