OSX client causing OS9 server to crash

Hi all.

I've run into a most bizarre problem, and hope somebody else has seen this.

I'm running Retrospect 5.0.238 under OS9.2.2. Everything was running fine until early this week, when the system started repeatedly crashing during our overnight backups. It would either generate a Type 2 error, or Retrospect would just suddenly quit with no error codes indicated. After extensive troubleshooting (which involved replacing the whole computer, a brand new install of 9.2.2 and Retrospect, and even a complete rebuild of all the server settings/scripts/client lists), I discovered that when Retrospect went to backup one of our OSX clients, Retrospect would crash. This appears to happen as soon as Retrospect makes the connection with the client and receives some bit of information. I tried deleting and re-adding the client, but as soon as I put in the activation password, the server would crash. shocked.gif

The client has uninstalled and reinstalled the latest OSX client software with no luck. I even made sure to have her delete the /Library/retroclient.state file, and that didn't help either. At this point, I'm pretty much stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Archived