SQL Container (not licensed)

Can I ask two questions regarding Retrospect 6.5 Multi-Server backing up SQL Clients:

1. Do we have the "SQL Add on"? I'm confused because "SQL Server" appears as an option in the Immediate Backup Window, but I don't have reference to purchasing SQL Add on as an option.

2. Viewing the client Properties\Volumes, the SQL container is labeled "SQL Server (not licensed)" Please what is "not licensed" referring to? The Add on? The SQL MS License? What is the implication of "not licensed", certaily I'd like to fix it pronto.. Thanks for your interest. .. henry christle

Henry, Backing up SQL is an additional license option for Retrospect, depending on what package of Retrospect you purchased you may have gotten a single SQL agent included. I believe one is included in MultiServer value pack. If you didn't get one included then you will neeed to purchase it seperately if you wish to use Retrospect to directly backup the databases.

TooTall

Okay, configuration\licenses shows SQL Agent (not licensed), I never knowlingly purchased the SQL Agent Addon. But it appears the Addon is present in my Multi-Server, I can select SQL Agent in the options window, and it appears I've backed one up.

I've searched you web site for pricing on SQL Agent Addon, and it's not listed. I'm really confused.

If I can get a product ID and price, I'll buy it. Thanks, henry christle

Archived