Upgrade costs

Mikee

I just took a second look at my upgrade options:

I have Multiserver 6.0 with Disaster Recovery, Open File Backup and Proactive.

To upgrade to 6.5 with annual support it'll cost me:

$709 6.5 1 year multiserver support

$439 6.5 Multiserver upgrade

$399 Disaster Recovery w/support

$469 Exchange Agent w/support

--------

$2016

That's as much as upgrading a copy of Multiserver w/o add-ons to Multiserver Value Package /w support PLUS advanced tape support.

In other words value of my 6.0 add-ons is $0. Anyone wants to buy 6.0 unregistered addon's - cheap? ;-(

Where is the logic behind it?

Mikee

The prices you are quoting include current upgrades for your products and free upgrades and technical support for a year from date of purchase.

The $709 price includeds Multi-Server with support and maintainence, which would bring the total to $1577.

You can also purchase without the support and maintainence for less.

Amy,

...Do you mean that once I upgraded my Retrospect MU Server 6.0 to 6.5 with support ($709) it would give me free upgrades and support for addons as well? Or is it just support?

Point is, that I do need the support and free upgrades. I want to have a peace of mind that even if Dantz releases three new versions of the software I can still use it w/o additional expense.

You see, I found out (the hard way) that Dantz does not provide bug fixes and support/maintenance is limited for previous version of the software(mostly limited to work-arounds). That creates only way out - (paid) upgrade. How many upgrades would there be - no one knows. To protect my Retrospect investment, they only way is to buy into one year of free upgrades...

I figure that $750/year would be substantially less than to pay separately for necessary software upgrades.

thanks,

Mikee

Archived