continue backup after computer shut down

johngg333

I have Retrospect 5.6 in a computer with WIN98, I am backing up approx. 25 GB and have two Travan 20GB/10GB tapes.

The first tape backed up 9.3GB. (I did a verification on this tape A).

Sometime during or after this backup a "diskeeper" program I had set to come on during the night, started and I assume this caused a conflict because the Retrospect message said to put in another tape, but I could not get it to continue with the backup. I tried all kinds of things but finally as I couldn't even shut anything down, had to re-boot the computer to get it to function.

My problem is, how can I get the second tape to resume where the first tape ended and complete the full backup?

I'm sitting here trying to continue the backup so your help ASAP would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

John Guild

johng@idmail.com

You do not need to make configuration changes - just execute the backup exactly the same way you did originally (thorugh the Immediate Backup window or from the Run menu).

What is the message on the screen when the backup starts again? Is it asking for 1-<Backup Set name> or is it asking for a new tape?

What do you see on the screen?

What is the name of the tape in the drive?

Are there any errors in your Operations Log?

Archived