Error on client after installation - ExtremeLok

dgh7g

I installed Retrospect client on a networked computer. I set up my client computer and can perform backups. Now when I boot my computer I get a window saying that there is an error with the application "ExtremeLok". I click no, that I do not want to send it to microsoft. It comes up a few more times, then stops. Everything seems to work fine. Am I supposed to be connected to the internet ( I am not) to allow some sort of Retrospect registration?

Retrospect supports many different OS's and has many different versions. Without more information about your configuration, it is not possible to know where to begin to start.

What OS?

What version(s) of Retrospect? Application and client

What is ExtremeLok? What does it do? Security program?

You do not need to be connected to the internet to register. You are only prompted to register when first installing the application, not the client.

Thank you.

What OS? Windows xp pro

What version(s) of Retrospect? Application and client. I just bought Retrospect Professional 6.5 for windows

What is ExtremeLok? What does it do? Security program? That is my question. I never had this error come up until I loaded Retrospect. I can't find any application called ExtremeLok, and I know I never knowingly loaded any application named ExtremeLok. I had assumed it was particular to Retrospect, running in the background.

ExtremeLok is not our application. There may be a conflict with Retrospect and this program. Please post if you are able to determine what this program is and who makes it. We will test it if possible. I was not able to find any information on any program called ExtremeLok.

I just found 1 reference in a Google groups search - ExtremeLok may be a Norton AntiVirus program file. Try a reinstallation of your anti-virus software. There are no know conflicts with NAV that would cause startup errors with the Retrospect Client.

Archived