SmartDisk CDRW firewire

CDRW from Smartdisk in not supported???

Toast works to make a CD

Will Reto 5.O work to backup my PowerBook?

with Smartdisk CD R and CD RW (firewire)

I AM VERY SAD THAT THIS VERY GOOD DISK IS NOT SUPPORTED

DO IT SOON

I too am waiting oh so patiently for SmartDisk firewire CDRW support, too.

I've even purchased the Express 4.3 update; I might even buy the OS X version IF I can use this zippy CRWD drive that came FREE with my Titanium Powerbook. Several others I know are waiting, too, and it would seem a shame to buy new hardware just to be able to use this outstanding software that seems to have quite a following in the Apple community.

Dantz developers? The Toast driver works with this drive -- can we get Retrospect to recognize it?

Community? Can we hear from the others who're waiting for support for this drive? The more who speak up, the faster it'll get done!

I also have a Smartdisk firewire cdrw and would like to use Retrospect Backup. I made the mistake and bought version 5 before I check the hardware database. I assumed since the drive works great in Toast, iTunes, and disk burner that it would be supported in Retrospect. My drive has a Teac CD-W28E mechanism. This drive does seem to be supported under windows but is listed as unqualified for Mac OS X. I do hope that support is added soon for this drive.

Dantz puts all drives through a very rigorous qualification test before they are supported by Retrospect. Some drives take longer then others to become qualified for various reasons, such as firmware or driver issues.

While we can't guarantee that every drive on the market will be qualified, we do work to get drives qualified as quickly as possible.

Keep an eye on our Hardware Compatibility Search Engine. We are continually adding new drives.

http://www.dantz.com/hardware

• 1 month later...

Not to be redundant...but C'MON, DANTZ!! There are thousands of this tremendous Firewire CD-RW around (remember, many Apple retailers included one free with Titanium Powerbook purchases), and Firewire is the wave of the future! I am ready to go ahead and purchase Retrospect 5.....but not until you support this product!!

Archived