Retrospect Client turns off by itself

Hi,

I have one Mac OS 10.2 client that constantlt turns off. I need to physically start up this client and click on the On radio button, only then it will respond on the network. Non of the other Mac OS 10.2 do that.

Is this a known scenerio?

Thanks

Quote:

I have one Mac OS 10.2 client that constantlt turns off. I need to physically start up this client and click on the On radio button, only then it will respond on the network. Non of the other Mac OS 10.2 do that.

Is this a known scenerio?

Perhaps, but only if you provided more specific details.

- What version of the OS X Client?

- How long does the Client software stay on?

- Is it turning off across reboots? Across sleeps? Across logouts? When?

Dave

Dave,

the client is Mac OS 10.2.4 i think. The monitor goes to sleep, but the hard drive never sleeps.

The client software seems to stay on for a month or so. This happens sparadically, could be 3 or 5 weeks sometimes.

It turns off across, logouts, since the user does not reboot. Even if they did, the client software should stay on all the same.

- What version of the OS X Client?

What version of the Retrospect OS X Client software, as seen from the Retrospect Client application program (when it's in the 'on' state)?

- Is it turning off across reboots? Across sleeps? Across logouts?

The OS X Client should, and does, stay on after reboots and logouts. Does yours?

- Confirm the Client is "on."

- Restart the computer.

- Is the Client still "on?"

- Have you moved the Retrospect Client program from its default installed location at:

/Applications/Retrospect Client/Retrospect Client ?

Quote:

Actually it doesn't stay on across the reboots.

If you've moved the Retrospect Client program from its default installed location at:

/Applications/Retrospect Client/Retrospect Client

then you should move it back.

Or, edit the shell script located in the /Library/StartupItems/RetroClient/ folder to reflect the new location you've chosen.

Dave

Archived