5.6 client & Windows 2003 Server?

Carob

The application or the client?

Basically, here is what I have...

I have version 4.3 of the server running on an older Mac that is backing up a bunch of Mac workstations as well as a few servers (both Mac and PC).

We have a new server that is running Windows 2003 Server and I wanted to install the version 5.6 of the Windows client onto this machine (this is also the version that is installed on the other PC servers).

Is version 5.6 of the Windows client just not compatible with this version of the O.Ss?

Retrospect 6.0 and earlier - application and client - is not compatible with Windows 2003 Server. Currently Windows 2003 Server can only be backed up with the 6.5 application and the 6.5 client software. The next Macintosh release is expected to support Windows 2003 Server clients.

Dantz does not recommend backing up Windows Server OS's with the Macintosh product. The Macintosh product cannot backup NTFS permissions or any other system state information from the client.

Documentation:

Windows Client Requirements

Windows 95/98/Me/NT 4.0 Workstation/2000 Professional/XP Home Edition/XP Professional

Retrospect Server Backup for Windows is required for backup of NT or 2000 Server clients.

Archived